Merino Wrap & FREE Beanie (Summer)
Ideal for Spring/Summer babies but can be safely worn ALL YEAR round
Summer babies loved to be swaddled in beautiful soft, breathable natural merino too.
Our Summer lightweight merino is a perfect option to use instead of cotton (in fact it weights less than cotton).
All our products are locally and ethnically made in New Zealand and available exclusively online.
All about our wraps:
Our wrap are so easy to use - Simply slip your baby into the extra wide, hip-health body pocket and wrap the wings around your precious bundle. The super-soft merino stretches to form a snug fit around your little one, making them feel safe, secure and warm - no folding, zips or velcro required.
- The perfect fit. Newborn to 3+ months, or until they start to roll over, whichever comes first.
- Hip-Healthy. Our body pocket is wide enough to allow the baby to actively flex the hips without excessive restraint, while also allowing for good hip abduction and rotation. Watch the video below to see that the hips can naturally fall into the 'frog position' which helps prevent hip dysplasia.
- Measurements. The long length measures 65cm from the back of the neck to the bottom of the pocket. The wing span measures 130cm across the full width.
- Design. It is designed to be worn with arms in, however, you can easily wear with one or both arms (or hands) out, making it an ideal transition swaddle.
Knotted beanie design - simply tie the knot to fit your baby's head and adjust the knot as they grow for a perfect fit. Our beanies will fit from 0-4 months - But don't wear them to bed, as you don't want to risk overheating.
- Ultra-soft & ultra-lightweight merino
- Ideal for Spring/Summer, but can be safely worn all year round
- Ultra-soft merino
- Ideal for Autumn/Winter, but can be safely worn all year round
If you select the 220gsm merino, it it be slightly warmer than the 195-200gsm - but still feel ultra soft and not at all bulky - warmth without the weight!
Still not sure which weight to get 'learn more'
- Wash dark colours separately
- Allow 5% shrinkage
- Machine wash 40°C max, gentle wool cycle, or hand wash
- Use wool approved detergent
- Do not use bleach, nappy cleansing agents, garment brighteners or fabric softeners
- Do not soak or spot clean
- Dry flat away from direct sunlight
- May be tumble dried - low heat
How to wear this:
Remember, wraps are considered blankets for babies! We recommend you use our wraps over our nightgowns, sleepsuits or bodysuit which will replace the need for loose blankets, and be a perfect level of warmth.
In the warmer months you might just wear a nappy & bodysuit under the wrap, then you can layer up as the temperature drops.
Tips & Tricks:
When baby is very little and there is excess length in the body pocket of the wrap, you can easily tuck the fabric under, tie it with an elastic band, or simply tie a knot at the bottom to avoid the possibility of baby slipping down.
We recommend you pack our wrap in your hospital bag.
Read more about why swaddling is so important.
Merino Wool & Babies
Merino should be used for all newborn babies 365 days of the year for night-time sleeping. In fact on those warmer nights, it works BETTER than cotton to help regulate temperature and keep your newborn baby cool. Newborn babies can not regulate temperature for around 12 weeks of life - this means they might be cold even when it's hot in the house. So it is really important to use merino against the skin so the merino garment can do the job for them.Learn more →
Why is Swaddling important?
We all learn very early in pregnancy that we should swaddle (or wrap) our newborn babies, but do we really know why and more importantly, how to do it SAFELY.Read more →