BUNDLE: Merino Hospital Bag
All our products are locally and ethnically made in New Zealand and available exclusively online.
Our merino hospital package is the perfect start for any new baby. Just open the package & add straight to your hospital bag.
This hospital bag includes:
- Merino fitted wrap
- Merino nightgown
- Merino knotted beanie
- Merino newborn long-sleeve bodysuit
- Merino newborn sleeveless bodysuit
How to wear this package:
The first thing that most babies wear is a bodysuit and you are going to want to wear it directly against the skin, in a size that fits perfectly (hence the newborn size in this package). Then add the merino gown on top, followed by the wrap - which becomes the blanket. Add the knotted beanie for head warmth when out and about or sleeping in the stroller.
Because babies spend so much of the first few weeks sleeping, it's important to dress them in natural fabrics like pure merino. Sleeping with merino against their sensitive newborn skin will keep them at the perfect temperature each and every sleep.
All about our wraps:
Our wrap are so easy to use - Simply slip your baby into the extra wide, hip-health body pocket and wrap the wings around your precious bundle. The super-soft merino stretches to form a snug fit around your little one, making them feel safe, secure and warm - no folding, zips or velcro required.
The perfect fit. Newborn to 3+ months, or until they start to roll over, whichever comes first. (watch the video at the bottom of this page)
- Hip-Healthy. Our body pocket is wide enough to allow the baby to actively flex the hips without excessive restraint, while also allowing for good hip abduction and rotation. Watch the video below to see that the hips can naturally fall into the 'frog position' which helps prevent hip dysplasia.
Measurements. The long length measures 65cm from the back of the neck to the bottom of the pocket. The wing span measures 130cm across the full width. When baby is very little and there is excess length in the body pocket of the wrap, you can easily tuck the fabric under, tie it with an elastic band, or simply tie a knot at the bottom to avoid the possibility of baby slipping down.
Design. It is designed to be worn with arms in, however, you can easily wear with one or both arms (or hands) out, making it an ideal transition swaddle.
All about our nightgowns:
This bundle comes with our popular nightgown and we don't mean to brag, but we honestly believe it will be your favorite newborn essential. Remember nightgowns are pyjamas for babies.
- The perfect fit. Generously designed to fit from newborn to 6+ months.
Measurements. The extra long length measures 64cm from the neck to the bottom, so plenty of kick room and growth. The front pleats across the chest measure 25cm across and allow for a better fit - and they look stunning!
- Design. The drawstring at the bottom to allow for easy access at nappy change time. And because we use double stitching you won't crack the stitching when pulling closed. Designed to be simple to get on and off with the envelope neckline.
All about our bodysuits:
The perfect fit. The newborn bodysuits in this package are designed to fit perfectly from day 1. You might think that they grow so fast that you won't get much use out of that size - but remember this - they will use them every-day & every-night (properly around 50+ washes) before they move on to the next size.
- Measurements. Our newborn bodysuits measure 20cm across the chest and 30cm in length.0
- Design. Easy snap domes for struggle free nappy changes, and to stop them from riding up at night. Designed with an enveloping neckline that stretches over the head for easy dressing.