BUNDLE: Merino Hospital Bag (Winter)
Ideal for Autumn/Winter babies but can be safely worn ALL YEAR round
Our winter merino hospital package is the perfect start for any new baby. Just open the package & add straight to your hospital bag.
This hospital bag includes:
- Merino fitted wrap
- Merino nightgown
- Merino knotted beanie
- Merino newborn long-sleeve bodysuit (Summer & Winter options)
- Merino newborn sleeveless bodysuit (Summer & Winter options)
How to wear this package:
The first thing that most babies wear is a bodysuit and you are going to want to wear it directly against the skin, in a size that fits perfectly (hence the newborn size in this package). Then add the merino gown on top, followed by the wrap - which becomes the blanket. Add the knotted beanie for head warmth when out and about or sleeping in the stroller.
All about our wraps:
Our wrap are so easy to use - Simply slip your baby into the extra wide, hip-health body pocket and wrap the wings around your precious bundle. The super-soft merino stretches to form a snug fit around your little one, making them feel safe, secure and warm - no folding, zips or velcro required.
- The perfect fit. Newborn to 3+ months, or until they start to roll over, whichever comes first.
- Hip-Healthy. Our body pocket is wide enough to allow the baby to actively flex the hips without excessive restraint, while also allowing for good hip abduction and rotation. Watch the video below to see that the hips can naturally fall into the 'frog position' which helps prevent hip dysplasia.
- Measurements. The long length measures 65cm from the back of the neck to the bottom of the pocket. The wing span measures 130cm across the full width.
Design. It is designed to be worn with arms in, however, you can easily wear with one or both arms (or hands) out, making it an ideal transition swaddle.
All about our nightgowns:
This bundle comes with our popular nightgown and we don't mean to brag, but we honestly believe it will be your favorite newborn essential. Remember nightgowns are pyjamas for babies.
- The perfect fit. Generously designed to fit from newborn to 6+ months.
Measurements. The extra long length measures 64cm from the neck to the bottom, so plenty of kick room and growth. The front pleats across the chest measure 25cm across and allow for a better fit - and they look stunning!
- Design. The drawstring at the bottom to allow for easy access at nappy change time. And because we use double stitching you won't crack the stitching when pulling closed. Designed to be simple to get on and off with the envelope neckline.
Our Summer Merino
- Ultra-soft & ultra-lightweight merino
- Ideal for Spring/Summer, but can be safely worn all year round
Our Winter Merino
- Ultra-soft merino
- Ideal for Autumn/Winter, but can be safely worn all year round
- Wash dark colours separately
- Allow 5% shrinkage
- Machine wash 40°C max, gentle wool cycle, or hand wash
- Use wool approved detergent
- Do not use bleach, nappy cleansing agents, garment brighteners or fabric softeners
- Do not soak or spot clean
- Dry flat away from direct sunlight
- May be tumble dried - low heat
Merino Wool & Babies
Merino should be used for all newborn babies 365 days of the year for night-time sleeping. In fact on those warmer nights, it works BETTER than cotton to help regulate temperature and keep your newborn baby cool. Newborn babies can not regulate temperature for around 12 weeks of life - this means they might be cold even when it's hot in the house. So it is really important to use merino against the skin so the merino garment can do the job for them.Learn more →
Why is Swaddling important?
We all learn very early in pregnancy that we should swaddle (or wrap) our newborn babies, but do we really know why and more importantly, how to do it SAFELY.Read more →