BUNDLE: Hospital Bag (Summer)
This SUMMER MERINO hospital package is the perfect start for any new baby. Just open the package and add straight to your hospital bag.
Because babies spend so much of the first few weeks sleeping, it's important to dress them in natural fabrics like pure merino. Sleeping with merino against their sensitive newborn skin will keep them at the perfect temperature each and every sleep.
This hospital bag includes:
- merino fitted wrap
- merino drawstring nightgown
- merino knotted beanie
- merino newborn sleeveless bodysuit
How to wear this package:
Because it is pure merino wool there is no tickle or itch, just super soft and non-irritating fabric that is perfect against newborn sensitive skin.
Wear the bodysuit and nappy directly against the skin. Then add the merino drawstring nightgown on top, followed by the very popular merino wrap - which becomes the blanket. Add the knotted beanie for head warmth when out and about or sleeping in the stroller.
It's a proven fact that babies loved to be swaddled/wrapped.
Our swaddle is superior to all other wraps on the market because we have eliminated all the guesswork and made it easy to use. Simply slip your baby into the hip-healthy body pocket and wrap the wings around your precious bundle. The super-soft merino stretches to form a snug fit around your little one making them feel safe, secure and warm - no folding, zips or Velcro required.
- The perfect fit for your newborn till between 3 plus months or until they start to roll over, whichever comes first.
- Hip-healthy - Our body pocket is wide enough to allow the baby to actively flex the hips with excessive restraint, while also allowing for good hip abduction and rotation. Watch the video below to see that the hips can naturally fall into the "frog position" which helps prevent hip dysplasia.
- The long length measures 65cm from the back of the neck to the bottom of the pocket. When baby is very little, and there is excess length in the body pocket you can easily tuck the fabric under, tie it with an elastic band or simply tie a knot at the bottom to avoid the possibility of baby slipping down.
- The wing span measures 130cm across the full width.
- It is designed to be worn with arms in, however, you can easily wear with one or both arms out, making it an ideal transition swaddle.
Knotted beanie design - simply tie the knot to fit your baby's head and adjust the knot as they grow for a perfect fit. Our beanies will fit from newborn-3 plus months.
This bundle comes with our nightgown and we really don't mean to brag, but we honestly believe it will be your favorite newborn essential. They are so well made that you will be passing them down from baby to baby, family to family.
- Generously designed to fit from newborn to approx 6mths.
- A drawstring at the bottom to allow for easy access for nappy changes - night times will be so much easier for mum and dad.
- Designed to be simple to get on and off with the envelope neckline.
- Front pleats for a better fit through the chest area - plus they look stunning.
- Extra-long for plenty of kick room and growth. Measurements: 64cm length through the body.
- Double-stitched drawstring so you won't break the stitching when pulling closed.
- Locally made in New Zealand. Available exclusively online.
- Knotted beanie design - simply tie the knot to fit your baby's head and adjust the knot as they grow for a perfect fit. Our beanies will fit from 0-3/4 months.
This bundle also comes with some base layers, for layering up or down as needed.
Our bodysuits are sized perfectly to fit right from the start of life. They are a great one piece to use against your newborn skin, without adding bulky layers for the first few months of life.
- Merino bodysuits are perfect as a base layer for 365 days of easy dressing.
- Generous in body length.
- Easy snap domes for struggle free nappy changes, and to ensure that they stay in place when sleeping.
- Designed with an enveloping neckline that stretches over the head for easy dressing for newborn babies.
We really don't mean to brag, but we honestly believe our nightgowns will be your favourite newborn essential...
And they are so well made that you will be passing them down from baby to baby, family to family...
Made from soft warm merino, they are ideal for your brand new baby before you begin to think about sleeping bags or blankets and are a great item to pack in your hospital overnight bag. Plus they are designed to fit from newborn to approx 6mths, so you get great value for money. We suggest you wear them under our merino fitted wraps.
Generously designed to fit from newborn to approx 6mths.
A drawstring at the bottom to allow for easy access for nappy changes - night times will be so much easier for mum and dad
Designed to be simple to get on and off with the envelope neckline.
Front pleats for a better fit through the chest area
Extra-long for plenty of kick room and growth. Measurements: 64cm length through the body
Double-stitched drawstring so you won't break the stitching when pulling closed.
Generally considered the 'SOFTEST MERINO on earth'
Our singlets and sleeveless onesies are a great wardrobe essential and perfect for seasonal layering against the skin or just for wearing alone with a nappy.
We recommend using during the coldest months under our merino nightgowns or sleepsuits, and they work brilliantly under our popular merino fitted baby wraps. When the temperature starts to change, these singlets can be worn alone against the skin with just a nappy.
Wear these merino base layer essentials 356 days of the year for warmth and temperature regulation.
KEY FEATURES:Newborn Singlet & Onesie:
AGE: NB (0000) : HEIGHT: 61-63cm
Our singlets are extra-long through the body, so you get coverage all the way to the nappy area and easy to tuck in if needed.
Our sleeveless onesies are designed with an enveloping neckline that stretches over the head for easy dressing for newborn babies.
Because they are made from merino, which holds its shape and fits close to the body for added heat to help babies regulate their temperature.
Merino Wool & Babies
Merino should be used for all newborn babies 365 days of the year for night-time sleeping. In fact on those warmer nights, it works BETTER than cotton to help regulate temperature and keep your newborn baby cool. Newborn babies can not regulate temperature for around 12 weeks of life - this means they might be cold even when it's hot in the house. So it is really important to use merino against the skin so the merino garment can do the job for them.Learn more →
Why is Swaddling important?
We all learn very early in pregnancy that we should swaddle (or wrap) our newborn babies, but do we really know why and more importantly, how to do it SAFELY.Read more →