BUNDLE: Merino Wrap, Gown & Beanie Combo (winter)
Ideal for Autumn/Winter babies but can be safely worn ALL YEAR round
Fall in love with this newborn merino bundle - enjoy the softness, breathability, warmth and simplicity of these merino essentials.
This bundle package includes:
- Fitted merino wrap
- Merino nightgown
- Merino knotted beanie
How to wear this package:
Ideally you want a base layer of merino against the skin (click here to check out base layer options), then add the merino drawstring nightgown on top, followed by our very popular merino wrap - which becomes the blanket. Add the knotted beanie for out and about trips and stroller napping.
All about our wraps:
Our wrap are so easy to use - Simply slip your baby into the extra wide, hip-health body pocket and wrap the wings around your precious bundle. The super-soft merino stretches to form a snug fit around your little one, making them feel safe, secure and warm - no folding, zips or velcro required.
- The perfect fit. Newborn to 3+ months, or until they start to roll over, whichever comes first.
- Hip-Healthy. Our body pocket is wide enough to allow the baby to actively flex the hips without excessive restraint, while also allowing for good hip abduction and rotation. Watch the video below to see that the hips can naturally fall into the 'frog position' which helps prevent hip dysplasia.
- Measurements. The long length measures 65cm from the back of the neck to the bottom of the pocket. The wing span measures 130cm across the full width.
Design. It is designed to be worn with arms in, however, you can easily wear with one or both arms (or hands) out, making it an ideal transition swaddle.
All about our nightgowns:
This bundle comes with our popular nightgown and we don't mean to brag, but we honestly believe it will be your favorite newborn essential. Remember nightgowns are pyjamas for babies.
- The perfect fit. Generously designed to fit from newborn to 6+ months.
Measurements. The extra long length measures 64cm from the neck to the bottom, so plenty of kick room and growth. The front pleats across the chest measure 25cm across and allow for a better fit - and they look stunning!
- Design. The drawstring at the bottom to allow for easy access at nappy change time. And because we use double stitching you won't crack the stitching when pulling closed. Designed to be simple to get on and off with the envelope neckline.
We really don't mean to brag, but we honestly believe our nightgowns will be your favourite newborn essential...
And they are so well made that you will be passing them down from baby to baby, family to family...
Made from soft warm merino, they are ideal for your brand new baby before you begin to think about sleeping bags or blankets and are a great item to pack in your hospital overnight bag. Plus they are designed to fit from newborn to approx 6mths, so you get great value for money. We suggest you wear them under our merino fitted wraps.
Key features & design:
Generously designed to fit from newborn to approx 6mths.
A drawstring at the bottom to allow for easy access for nappy changes - night times will be so much easier for mum and dad
Designed to be simple to get on and off with the envelope neckline.
Front pleats for a better fit through the chest area
Extra-long for plenty of kick room and growth. Measurements: 64cm length through the body
Double-stitched drawstring so you won't break the stitching when pulling closed.
Use merino against the skin for layering:
Merino should be used for all newborn babies 365 days of the year for night-time sleeping. In fact on those warmer nights, it works BETTER than cotton to help regulate temperature and keep your newborn baby cool. Newborn babies can not regulate temperature for around 12 weeks of life - this means they might be cold even when it's hot in the house. So it is really important to use merino against the skin so the merino garment can do the job for them.
Merino will draw the moisture away from your newborn delicate skin when warm and then as the temperature drops (between 3-5am) the merino will push the warmth back into the skin - so they don't wake up because they are cold. If merino hadn't been invented by nature, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was invented by magic.
To learn more about the science of merino and what the correct room temperature is click here
- Ultra-soft & ultra-lightweight merino
- Ideal for Spring/Summer, but can be safely worn all year round
- Ultra-soft merino
- Ideal for Autumn/Winter, but can be safely worn all year round
If you select the 220gsm merino, it it be slightly warmer than the 195-200gsm - but still feel ultra soft and not at all bulky - warmth without the weight!
Still not sure which weight to get 'learn more'
- Wash dark colours separately
- Allow 5% shrinkage
- Machine wash 40°C max, gentle wool cycle, or hand wash
- Use wool approved detergent
- Do not use bleach, nappy cleansing agents, garment brighteners or fabric softeners
- Do not soak or spot clean
- Dry flat away from direct sunlight
- May be tumble dried - low heat
Merino Wool & Babies
Merino should be used for all newborn babies 365 days of the year for night-time sleeping. In fact on those warmer nights, it works BETTER than cotton to help regulate temperature and keep your newborn baby cool. Newborn babies can not regulate temperature for around 12 weeks of life - this means they might be cold even when it's hot in the house. So it is really important to use merino against the skin so the merino garment can do the job for them.Learn more →
Why is Swaddling important?
We all learn very early in pregnancy that we should swaddle (or wrap) our newborn babies, but do we really know why and more importantly, how to do it SAFELY.Read more →