Nightgowns (Winter Merino)
When considering what your newborn will need, don't forget one of our Winter merino nightgowns. They are a life-saver for night time sleeping.
All our Winter merino is 195-200gsm, unless it states otherwise, which means it's ideal for babies born in Winter, Spring & Autumn.
We really don't mean to brag, but we honestly believe our nightgowns will be your favorite newborn essential, and they are so well made that you will be passing them down from baby to baby, family to family.
How to wear our nightgowns:
Made from soft warm merino, they are ideal for your brand new baby before you begin to think about sleeping bags or blankets and are a great item to pack in your hospital overnight bag. Plus they are designed to fit from newborn to approx 6mths, so you get great value for money. We suggest you wear them under our merino fitted wraps and over our bodysuits or singlets.
- Generously designed to fit from newborn to approx 6mths.
- A drawstring at the bottom to allow for easy access for nappy changes - night times will be so much easier for mum and dad.
- Designed to be simple to get on and off with the envelope neckline.
- Front pleats for a better fit through the chest area - plus they look stunning.
- Extra-long for plenty of kick room and growth. Measurements: 64cm length through the body.
- Double-stitched drawstring so you won't break the stitching when pulling closed.
- Knotted beanie design - simply tie the knot to fit your baby's head and adjust the knot as they grow for a perfect fit. Our beanies will fit from newborn - 3 plus months.
Locally made in New Zealand. Available exclusively online
Merino Wool & Babies
Merino should be used for all newborn babies 365 days of the year for night-time sleeping. In fact on those warmer nights, it works BETTER than cotton to help regulate temperature and keep your newborn baby cool. Newborn babies can not regulate temperature for around 12 weeks of life - this means they might be cold even when it's hot in the house. So it is really important to use merino against the skin so the merino garment can do the job for them.Learn more →
Why is Swaddling important?
We all learn very early in pregnancy that we should swaddle (or wrap) our newborn babies, but do we really know why and more importantly, how to do it SAFELY.Read more →