Cocoon your baby through the chilly Winter season in natural comfort.
Our Baby Caterpillar merino sleeping bags are designed to give your little ones a safe, snug and natural nights sleep. Our sleeping bags are made exclusively in New Zealand and are incredibly well made.
Our WINTER weight sleeping bags are designed for the coolest months of the year and as a guideline would be similar to wearing a sheet and two thick blankets. With clothing alternations this sleeping bag can safety be used in temperatures between 18 degrees and below.
All about the Fit:
Our popular 3mths to 3yrssize is the perfect transition for any baby moving on from swaddling/wrapping. Our size is generous in length to allow for taller babies to have more wriggle room, and usually means they will fit for longer.
Feeling cold is one of the most commonly overlooked reasons for babies waking during the night. As they sleep your baby's body temperature lowers and if they have kicked off their bedding, they wake up and can wake the whole household. Our sleeping bags are made with a pure cotton outsidelayer (this helps with strength, durability and breathability) and a pure merino inner layer. Used against your babies skin this will help absorb and release moisture and trap or circulate air as needed to regulate the temperature.
- Measures 112cm from the shoulder to the bottom of the sleeping bag, so should comfortabily fit your 3 month old baby until approx 3 years.
- Nickel free snap domes on both shoulders and under the arms for added safety on the larger sleeping bag
- Reinforced shoulders for maximum strength and durability
- Generous arm holes for temperature control and air circulation. This helps prevent overheating.
- Seam-free sleeping bag for itch-free comfort and extra strength
- Full-length YKK open-ended side zip providing easy access
- Double stitching for durability and strength
- Machine washable on a wool wash cycle, using wool approved detergent.
What are the benefits of a sleeping bag?
- Using a Baby Caterpillar sleeping bag will eliminate the need for extra covers, and allow your baby or toddler to move and kick their legs without feeling constrained while keeping warm and snug.
- Ensures your baby's head won't get covered by loose sheets or blankets, which will lower the risk factors associated with SIDS.
- Allows for easy settling, night time comforting and feeding - you can pick baby up without disturbing and the bag will become a signal for sleep, so they will drop off easier.
- Helps prevents adventurous toddlers from climbing out of their cots.
In New Zealand, sleeping bags are usually sold by weight instead of TOG ratings. There is no direct formula for converting weights to TOG ratings, however, our suggestion is as follows: 3-season would be similar to a 1.0 - 2.0 and Winter weight would be similar to a 1.5 - 2.5. This is based on customer feedback and our own research.
Our sleeping bags have been tested and are rated as LOW FIRE DANGER. However, all fabric are flammable, so it is recommended to stay at least 1 meter away from open fire or gas. We DO NOT recommend walking around in your sleeping bag for any reason.