All computer screens display colours slightly differently. The colours you see when you visit our website may differ slightly from the actual product colour.
All prices of goods contained in the Baby Caterpillar website are based in New Zealand dollars and are inclusive of GST. Our prices may change without notice.
If you change your mind about your purchase, you may return or exchange your item if it is unwashed, unworn or unused if you have satisfactory proof of purchase ie: your order number, or bank transaction etc and as long as you return the item within 45 days of the purchase.
If a product needs to be repaired, we will meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA)
GENERAL STATEMENT - At Baby Caterpillar Ltd your privacy is our priority. We will not release any information about our customers to persons or entities outside our organization. Our website is hosted on a secure server and as such, all information gathered and stored about their customers are kept private, safe and secure.
We are your data controller for the purposes of the personal data we will collect.
Baby Caterpillar Limited is a registered company in New Zealand with the company registration number 2118032, with its registered address at
Metro Advances Ltd, Unit 3, 254 St Asaph Street, Christchurch Central, Christchurch, 8011 , New Zealand. Our company contact details, should you have any questions relating to this are: email@example.com or call on +64 9 4459680
1. The data we collect includes; Your user account data, your name, address, your email address, your password, your mobile phone number, and your order history. Some of this data may be obtained from your social media account where you use that account to register on our website. The reason we keep and process this data is to administer your user account, if you create one, to fillfil your orders, and to deal with any queries you have about your order and/or to process returns. This is necessary for the performance of our contract with you for the product/service that you have ordered. If you do not provide this information/data, we may not be able to fulfil your order or handle your queries. If you create an account we will save your detail, and confirm your identity, for future orders, to make it easier for you on your next purchase/visit. We may also use this information to recall defective products in compliance with our legal obligations not to distrubute unsafe products.
2. The information/data may also be used to defend legal claims and to prevent fraud. This is our legitimate interest in establishing, exercising or defending any legal claims.
3. We also collect the details of any query, correspondence or complaint we receive from you. This is so we can deal with yoru queries and/or complaints and may be used for our legitimate interest in establishing, exercising or defending any legal claims.
4. The contents of your virtual shopping basket or pending orders such as the items you have saved, for instance, the item, size, colour and the product codes; your name and email address, and data relating to your visits to our website for instance which pages you visited, how long you spent on them, the dates and times you visited, the searches you have made on our website, and whether you have "abandoned' a shopping cart. This is collected to understand how our customers or certain categories of customers use our website, and to understand what products are most likely to be of interest you them. We can then tailor the emails we send. Our legitimate interest in this is to understand how our website is used and increase our customer satisfaction.
5. We use tracking technologies linked to your browsing sessions for example cookies and tracking pixels. We do this to display adverting to you on other websites, including social media networks, for products that we think you may be interested in (this is known as re-targeting). Our legitimate interest in this is to better increase user satisfaction and sales.
6. We collect demographic information about you in order to target you with display advertising based on your demographic information. Please note that we do not have access to this information - the platforms such as Facebook allows us to seletc demographic criteria for our advertising. We will not, however, see who fits or is targeted by these demographic criteria. Our legitimate interest in this is to better taget our products that are most fitted to the customer.
7. We retain your email address to create "look-a-like audiences on social media advertising platforms which share similar interests or demographics to all or a sample of our existing customers. Our legitimate interest in this is to better target our marketing activities.
8. Data which is collected by our web host providers - Benefitz Ltd, includes your IP address, the type of device you are using and its operating system, the name of your ISP, the page you viewed and when you accessed it. This is done to maintain access logs for the purpose of technical troubleshooting and detecting potential security threats. Our legitimate interest is for maintance and securing our website and systems.
9. Other than the above, we may also keep statistical information and log data about the total of the number of visists to our website, or how visitors have navigated through our website, this is not attributed to any one person and is impossible to re-identify individual customers/browers from this information.
10. All user data is kept until the user's account is removed.
We use other technologies that allow us to do similar things where more appropriate to do so. For instance, we may use “tracking pixels” which are tiny image files that are used to track your movements across our website.
There are four main types of cookies – here’s how and why we use them.
(a) site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
(b) site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(c) customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on our website these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you; and
(d) targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
In general, access to your personal data will be restricted to those who have a need to access it in order to carry out their duties (for example our customer services team). However, we will also share your personal data with the following external third parties in some circumstances
You can opt-out from electronic marketing sent by Baby Caterpillar Ltd, Via MailChimp Ltd by following the unsubscribe link which we include at the bottom of all electronic marketing emails; or by contacting our customer services team using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.1 You are able to opt-out of targeted adverts placed by us on the Facebook website by either changing your Facebook account settings or browser settings. Please see Facebook’s help page on the subject for more information.
9.1 You are able to disable Google Analytics data collection by installing the Google Analytics op-out browser add-on, available from Google’s Website.
The law now gives you certain rights in respect of the personal data that we hold, which you should be aware of:
(a) you contest the accuracy of the personal data and want us to restrict the processing of your personal data while we verify its accuracy;
(b) the processing is unlawful, but you request a restriction of the processing rather than erasure;
(c) we (as the controller) no longer need the data for the purposes of the processing, but you have told us you require us to retain that personal data for you to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
(d) you have objected to us processing your personal data on grounds of legitimate interests and want us to restrict processing of your personal data while we consider your objection.