Merino Blanket (winter)
Ideal for Autumn/Winter babies but can be safely worn ALL YEAR round
All our beautiful blankets can be used in the nursery or when you are out and about, as they will hold up well to the rough and tumble lifestyle of a toddler.
We use two layers of pure, natural fabrics - one side is ultra-warm merino, and the other side is soft brushed cotton, then we bind both together to form the purest merino and cotton bedding around.
- Outside layer - 100% brushed cotton for added softness, breath-ability and durability. Cotton is also extremely easy to take care of.
- Inside layer- is pure 100% merino, which provides efficient, soft, lightweight insulation and comfort.
- No tickle or itch. Super soft and non-irritating for newborn sensitive skin.
- The blanket is sized to fit perfectly as a travel blanket or in the car, capsule or bassinet - 93cm x 65cm.
- Ultra-soft & ultra-lightweight merino
- Ideal for Spring/Summer, but can be safely worn all year round
- Ultra-soft merino
- Ideal for Autumn/Winter, but can be safely worn all year round
If you select the 220gsm merino, it it be slightly warmer than the 195-200gsm - but still feel ultra soft and not at all bulky - warmth without the weight!
Still not sure which weight to get 'learn more'
- Wash dark colours separately
- Allow 5% shrinkage
- Machine wash 40°C max, gentle wool cycle, or hand wash
- Use wool approved detergent
- Do not use bleach, nappy cleansing agents, garment brighteners or fabric softeners
- Do not soak or spot clean
- Dry flat away from direct sunlight
- May be tumble dried - low heat
Merino Wool & Babies
Merino should be used for all newborn babies 365 days of the year for night-time sleeping. In fact on those warmer nights, it works BETTER than cotton to help regulate temperature and keep your newborn baby cool. Newborn babies can not regulate temperature for around 12 weeks of life - this means they might be cold even when it's hot in the house. So it is really important to use merino against the skin so the merino garment can do the job for them.Learn more →
Why is Swaddling important?
We all learn very early in pregnancy that we should swaddle (or wrap) our newborn babies, but do we really know why and more importantly, how to do it SAFELY.Read more →